Venue Review: Minque

I went out last night to Minque. It's a lounge/bar/club located in trendy Manuka, on the southside of Canberra.

Initial impressions: faint vomit/strong cigarette smoke smell, good looking but try-hardish patrons. Bar staff have very gay hair but are definitely not gay. In the skunkish sense.

Drinks: I could hardly taste the vodka in my mixer drink, and it wasn't top shelf vodka.

Toilets: Reasonably clean, and ever so slightly innovative. Urinal is made out of granite. Tap over marble sloping sink did not work very well, but water was cold. Good thing.

Music: generic housey shit blaring into the street.

Clientele: my companion commented that the crowd gets younger, druggier and woggier as the night progresses.

Atmosphere: very smokey, generally making one feel sick for the following few days.

All in all, a good night was had!

6 comments:

Amberjane said...

I hate bars that smell like broken dreams & old beer.... but what other kind are there, really? Pretentious upscale "lounges" Mind you, those are nice once in awhile.

search engine guru said...

wow popgoescanberra, Venue Review: Minque is great! I was doing a google blog search looking for discount granite, never the less I learned a little something here. I'll be back soon to check you out again. bye now

SphynxCrazy said...

Hi popgoescanberra, I like Venue Review: Minque. I know pleanty of good resources about granite countertops. A great example of granite countertops, something you might not want to miss I am sure. Don't be suprised if you see me around here gleaning all this info you got here. LoL

Rachel said...

Hi popgoescanberra, very unique blog you have! I was looking for jazz music related information and came across your site. Very good info, I'm definitely going to bookmark you! I have a jazz music site where you can get music of some of today's top artists' such as Green Day, Gwen Stefani, Simple Plan, Usher and many more. Please visit it.

Rachel said...

Nice blog popgoescanberra. Your posts were interesting reading. I was looking for hip hop music related information and found your site. I have a hip hop music site where you can get music of some of today's top artists' such as Green Day, Gwen Stefani, Simple Plan, Usher and many more. Please try and visit it, see what you think.

Rod said...

I enjoyed reading some of your posts popgoescanberra. I was looking for #KEYWORD## related information and found your blog. I have a pop music site where you can get music of some of today's top artists' such as Green Day, Gwen Stefani, Simple Plan, Usher and many more. Come and check it out if you get time :-)